Who's This Glamour Girl?

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cold Weather Organization

"In the home, a product doesn’t always have to be used for its intended purpose." 


- Nate Berkus


It is this decorating tip (my all-time fave) that propelled me to look at all household items with new eyes, including Bed Bath and Beyond’s Polyester 6-Shelf Sweater Organizer - the perfect buy for the home now that the cold weather's on its way.  BUT, I don't use it for sweaters....

Miss you!
I 'd never been able to figure out how to organize the random items in my coat closet (hats, scarves, etc.), so everything ended up in a messy pile on my top shelf.  That is, UNTIL...I was at Bed Bath and Beyond when I had what Oprah would call my “Aha!” moment.   I wound up in the garment storage section and saw the Polyester 6-Shelf Sweater Organizer.   *Sigh*  I think the angels sang to me that day.  

Organizational
Heaven!
As you can tell by the name, this product’s “intended use” is for sweaters.  HOWEVA, I realized that I could use it to organize my hats, scarves, gloves, and even my little clutches.  It’s such a great space-saver, allowing me to use the top shelf for bigger bags and other items.  AND, since it’s at eye level, it's super easy to match my scarves and gloves to the jacket I’m wearing.  Plus, it just LOOKS so nice and organized, like my own little boutique!

You can see from my picture that mine are white and don’t have the side compartments, but I think I just may have to get the purple ones b/c they’re bright, fun, and a total steal at $6.99!  Get them here.  Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment