Who's This Glamour Girl?

Saturday, June 30, 2012

(Safe) Fun in the Sun!



sunshine




If you're like me, summertime comes with memories of being halfway out the door of the house and hearing your mother shout, "Did you remember to put on your suntan lotion?!"  Well, that's not the only thing we can do to take care of our health in the summer. Read below for my top five fun and fashionable tips on how to be safe in the sun!




1.  Swackett
My friend, Jessica, introduced me to this awesome and FREE weather app, which you can read about here. It tells you exactly how to dress for the weather, and will even let you know when it's necessary to pack up the sunscreen or a bottle of water!








Runway

2.  The Vapur: A Collapsible Water Bottle
Speaking of water bottles: OMG!  I am obsessed...OBSESSED...with these ADORABLE and PRACTICAL water bottles!  It's super important to stay extra hydrated in the summer, but my problem has always been that I hate schlepping around my water bottle once I've finished drinking from it.  Well, The Vapur is a collapsible water bottle - meaning when you're done with it, it rolls up so you can neatly tuck it away into your bag.  AMAZING, right?!  You can also freeze it and use it as an ice pack.  It comes in a variety of chic styles, including the Runway and - you will die when you see this one - the Sweater, which includes a preppy-looking bottle cover that'll keep your bottle colder longer, and moisture-free!








3.  Jergen's Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer
I posted about this AMAZING self-tanner here.  I just can't say enough about it!  You can either get it for fair to medium skin tones, or medium to tan skin tones.  Plus, it'll make you smell delicious...another benefit of staying out of the sun!











4.  Urban Outfitters Mint by Goorin Marled Hat (currently on sale!) 
Sometimes in the summer, when I know I'll be outside for a while, I like to wear a hat to protect my skin and provide me with some shade.  I LOVE this floppy hat from Urban Outfitters because it's the perfect size; it provides plenty of coverage, but it's not so big that it'll overwhelm your face.  (And, it comes in a variety of colors!)






5.  Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer
SPF 15 Tinted MoisturizerAnyone who reads this blog knows I LOVE all Bobbi Brown makeup!  Well, her SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer is no exception. This is definitely one of those makeup products I couldn't live without!  It barely feels like you're wearing anything, which I love.  Not only does it provide some protection from the sun, it's also a fantastic alternative to a heavy foundation - giving you a light yet effective coverage for the summer months.







No comments:

Post a Comment